This time it's miniature versions of the 'Cadbury Wishes Chocolate Star' that we saw last year at Christmas time!
|128g packet...contains 175kcal per 1/4 bag|
These 'Little Wishes' are essentially mini versions of the larger Cadbury Wish except that there are two kinds of mini stars. Pure Milk Chocolate or Milk Chocolate with a truffle centre....sounds intriguing!
Inside the bag there is definitely a fair amount of chocolate, so well worth my money! Each bag weighs in at 128g and contains 175 calories per quarter of the bag...so a perfect evening treat! Currently these chocolates are reasonably priced at £1 and can be found in all major supermarkets.
First appearances, these little stars look very cute....and dangerously tempting! As mentioned above, there are two separate fillings and these can be recognised by the two different designs on the front of the stars. The 'Pure milk chocolate' star can be recognised by another star bordering the inside edges (shown on the left above), and the 'Milk chocolate with truffle filling' star can be recognised by three smaller stars in the centre (shown on the right above).
Whilst I found the Large 'Cadbury Wishes Star' from last year very enjoyable, this bag of mini 'Little Wishes' is much more my style as these last longer and can be shared with family and friends...which I think is nice especially around Christmas!
Truthfully, there isn't much difference between the two different fillings apart from the 'truffle filled' star tasting softer and smoother than the 'pure milk chocolate' star.
Overall, these 'Little Wishes' taste like the Cadbury chocolate we know and love (very soft and creamy) and are extremely moreish...one handful turns into two, then three...and so on till they're gone! The best part of these 'Christmas themed chocolates' for me is that 10% goes to the Make-a-Wish foundation...this partnership with Cadbury shows fantastic Christmas spirit...so I urge you all to treat yourself to some Cadbury chocolate...and to take the guilt away by knowing that you're donating to the Make-a-Wish foundation!
Furthermore, if you feel like doing some baking and incorporating these fabulous Little Wishes here's a fantastic little recipe from the Make-a-Wish website:
The following recipe serves approximately 12 people. Preparation take around 20 minutes, and cooking time should be about 15 minutes.
- 100g unsalter butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour, sieved
- 12 Cadbury Little Wishes, chopped
- 12 cupcake cases
- 200g Dairy Milk, melted
- 12 Cadbury Little Wishes
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C and place 12 paper cases into a 12 hold tray.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Fold in the sieved flour and the chopped Little Wishes and divide the mixture between the cases. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool.
- Prepare the topping by melting the Cadbury Dairy Milk and then spreading the mixture on each cake.
- Decorate the tops with the individual Cadbury Little Wishes, one on top of each cake when the topping is still warm.
- Serve to guests at a Bake-a-Wish event.
-Above recipe & picture attributed to the Make-a-Wish foundation and can be found here.