Saturday 21 September 2013

New! Quality Street 'My Green Bar'

So recently whenever I've been popping into my local newsagents or corner shop I've been picking up whatever new little product they have on display at the tills....and today I'm reviewing Nestle's introduction of the Quality Street 'My Green Bar'.

"Hazelnut Praline in milk chocolate centre"
Last year Nestle decided to make a chocolate bar out of the popular 'Purple' sweet in the Quality Street tins and named it 'My Purple Bar'...and unfortunately for me I'm not too fond of the Purple ones in the tin so that bar didn't tempt me! However....In my family the Green Triangles are one of the sweets to be snapped up immediately! So when I saw this bar at the till of my local Tesco on offer at 2 for £1 you could definitely say I was itching to get my hands on this bar!


First appearances show this bar to be made up of four of the green triangle segments stuck upon a long chocolate base. The shape of the bar is convenient for snapping up into the individual triangles....and then seeing how long you can last without scoffing them all within five minutes!
 Described as 'Hazelnut praline in milk chocolate' this bar contains 98 calories per half of the bar....which doesn't half make me feel guilty because c'mon....who's going to be able to resist and only eat two of the four triangles?

"98 Kcal per half bar"
In terms of taste these triangular segments are gorgeous! They are each coated in a layer of milk chocolate covering the segment and contained within is a soft and smooth nutty praline centre....is your mouth watering yet? The chocolate coating is deliciously creamy and makes this bar very sweet and surprisingly filling!
  Overall, I am so thankful Nestle have decided to bring out the 'My Green Bar' alongside the 'My Purple Bar' as even though I'm not a fan of the purple version, they are both delicious sweets and rightly deserve their own bar!
.....However, I will be holding out hope that Nestle decided to bring out either the Strawberry or Orange creme (preferably both!) Quality Street sweets in bar shape form for next year as they would be extremely popular...especially in my household!

Would I buy this again? YES 


2 comments:

  1. Another vote from me for strawberry or orange creme bars! They're my favourite sweets in Quality Street by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I munched mine last night and loved it, great review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!