Sunday 30 June 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk Strawberries & Creme


I thought I'd give the newest Dairy Milk bar to be released a review! When I heard that Dairy Milk were creating a strawberries & creme chocolate bar my first thought was that it sounded like HEAVEN!
 The basic idea for this 'strawberries & creme' flavour is to tie into the 'Great British Summer'.....and I will mention I did very much enjoy some of this chocolate whilst watching Wimbledon this past Friday! And it was much less hassle and mess than having actual strawberries and cream!


The 120g bar should be on sale in most supermarket outlets from this month onwards at the introductory price of £1! The bar contains 560 calories, however 3 chunks consist of 85 calories.

Described on the packet as 'Milk chocolate with a yoghurt and strawberry flavour filling', I initially felt slightly deceived as strawberries and yoghurt can be greatly different from strawberries and cream...and I've seen quite a few people comment on this deception. However, I can see from a marketing point of view how 'strawberries and creme' sounds more appealing than 'strawberry yoghurt'.



As soon as I opened the packet I got the usual whiff of rich dairy milk chocolate, but it was also followed by an undercurrent of strawberries and fruit which smelled amazing!
Taste-wise I loved it. The fusion of flavours both smelled and tasted wonderful, it was creamy, smooth in texture and melted in your mouth, whilst at the same time had the perfect mix of chocolate and strawberry flavouring.
I think the fact that the chocolate bar has a 'yoghurt filling' as opposed to a cream filling, makes the taste less sickly and surprisingly moreish!

Would I buy this again? YES


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I really need to get my hands on some of this; I haven't seen it in any stores near me yet mmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!