Thursday 27 June 2013

Oh My Apple Pie!

Whilst I was in my local 'Fulton's Foods' recently, I stumbled across this unusual flavour of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, normally you expect to see flavours such as Cookie Dough and Fudge Brownie, but if you've ever been on the American Ben & Jerry website  you'll see that they have over 50 flavours of ice cream! So when I came across this Oh My Apple Pie! flavour I knew I had to taste it!



 The ice cream is described as 'Apple pie ice cream with pieces of apple and chunks of rich pie crust' It comes in it's usual 500ml tub and contains 210 calories per 100ml (around 2 scoops). It's retail price here in the UK is £4.49, but at Fulton's I managed to get it at the amazing price of £1.50!!


Now, first impressions seeing the flavour 'Apple pie ice cream'.....I was a little apprehensive because it's not something you see everyday, but I was intrigued!


In terms of flavour the vanilla ice cream tastes good, smooth and creamy but nothing amazing....then you get the hint of apple flavour running throughout. The little rectangular pieces of apple in the ice cream taste gorgeous. The Ben & Jerry team definitely honoured their American roots with this apple pie recipe, they combined the apples with nutmeg and fairtrade cinnamon to get the taste perfect.
 In my opinion, the best part of this ice cream is the rich pie crust chunks. They are awesome and make the ice cream incredible! The pie crust is thick and crunchy, and the fusion of all the flavours definitely makes you say 'Oh My!'


Would I buy this again? Definitely


2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! Where can you buy it in the UK though??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this in Norway.. Now searching online and found this 😂 my favorite BJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!