Sunday 6 October 2013

'Almondy' Authentic Swedish Tarta with Toblerone

On my most recent trip to Asda I decided to treat myself to something special for the evening and walked all throughout the store looking for something delicious to catch my attention.....by the end of my shop I decided it just wasn't happening so made my way down the very last frozen aisle and then right at the end freezer this Almondy Toblerone Tarta practically started singing for me to put it in my trolley! So of course I did....and i didn't feel guilty one bit!...okay maybe a smidge! But it looks absolutely divine;


The Swedish confectioners 'Almondy' have brought this dessert over all the way from Germany, and have brought other frozen desserts including Almondy Daim, Almondy Meringue and Almondy Caramel & Peanut. The only other Almondy product I could see in the frozen section of Asda was the Almondy Daim....which I may have to splurge on during my next Asda trip!

440 calories per 100g

How gorgeous and delectable does that look?

Described on the pack as;
 "Almondy almond tarta with pieces of Toblerone combines an irresistible almond base with rich chocolate cream and smooth milk chocolate mousse. Topped with a generous sprinkle of Toblerone pieces, all deliciously smothered with milk chocolate."

There are also some defrosting directions on the back of the packet and I was pleasantly surprised at quickness of the times! To defrost one slice, it should be left out for twenty minutes and for the whole tarta it should be left out for a measly forty five minutes....that's not too long a wait is it?...unless you're a chocoholic and starving!
...Now onto the guilty part! There is 440 calories per 100g.....and this tarta is 400g, so this is definitely not a healthy treat! 

'Gluten free!'
After some of the longest forty five minutes of my life, finally the tarta was defrosted!
I decided to just have a slice on it's own, without any cream or ice cream to accompany it which I usually would have with some cake, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that this dessert wasn't dry! Especially since this was one of my main concerns considering it's frozen.
On the first mouthful, there is the wonderful chocolate taste of the cream, which helps stop this dessert from being dry and gives it a smooth and fluffy taste. The biscuit base at the bottom was alright...nothing special! But with all the added chocolate cream and crunchy Toblerone pieces this dessert becomes deliciously awesome! 
Overall, this dessert tasted really good and for £2.99 I would definitely buy it again to share with the family....or even test out the Almondy Daim flavour....watch (or should I say read) this space!

For more information, or some fantastic recipe ideas you can visit Almondy's newly revamped website here.

Would I buy this again? YES


1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering now :D Morrisons sometimes sell these half price - always worth stocking up when they do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!