Friday 4 October 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Crisp (Irish)

So recently I was doing a quick shop around my local Tesco and came across a new 'world foods' section in the store! Immediately my eyes were drawn to the American section and I began fawning over all the imported cereals and chocolate bars etc... But in a bold move decided to purchase something from elsewhere in the world! Now being half Irish myself, immediately after looking at the American section I looked straight to the Irish section and came across this Dairy Milk Mint Crisp bar of chocolate.

"Mint flavoured milk chocolate with honeycomb granules"
At 95p I couldn't say no so I popped it in my trolley and sped through the rest of the shop so I could get home and enjoy my little treat with a nice cup of tea!
Size wise, at 54g the bar isn't very big and doesn't really compare to our chocolate bars, but it was the perfect size for a mid afternoon treat or something light in the evening! And at 275 calories I didn't feel too guilty indulging myself in this Cadbury bar!

54g bar contains 275 calories

Split into two small rows and made of eight chunks I really like the concept of these miniature bars! As loads of times I have opened a large bar of chocolate snapped off two lines and then had to put it back away in the cupboard partly open, this bar solves this problem as it's only made of two rows!
Described by Cadbury on the packet as 'Mint flavoured Milk chocolate with honeycombed granules' ....I couldn't wait to get stuck in.


Upon opening the packet I was hit with an extremely strong smell of mint...which I expected but as strong! The chocolate did taste extremely minty too, it tasted much more mintier than I expected it too but I'm a lover of mint chocolate so this definitely appealed to me! The chocolate was smooth and the added crunch of the honeycomb granules gave the bar that extra texture and crunch it needed to be fabulous! As seen in the picture above, you can clearly see the honeycombed granules and the decent amount that comes in the bar....well worth the 95p paid for it!
 Overall, I really enjoyed this bar and for 95p will definitely be purchasing many more in the future! These small Irish Cadbury bars also come in two other flavours Dairy Milk Tiffin and Dairy Milk Golden Crisp.

Would I buy this again? YES


2 comments:

  1. I love this bar! Even though they have not added any new flavours or ingredients to it, it just looks so cool!
    dairy milk chocolate bar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciatte you blogging this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!