Sunday 25 August 2013

Nestle "Munchies Potz"



Hi Guys!

Following my recent trip to ASDA where I found the Nestle ice cream tubs/potz on offer for 50p...I couldn't resist going back today and picking up the other flavours because 50p for a tub of ice cream?!?! How can you go wrong? That's more than 50% off as the tubs are usually priced at £1.30!

So today I'll be reviewing the "Munchies" flavour....


This Munchies themed tub from Nestle is described as; "Chocolate and caramel flavoured ice creams with a caramel sauce, shortcake biscuits and milk chocolate pieces"


This 160ml tub contains 198 Kcal

My first impression was that this tub looked more appealing than the 'Quality Street: My Purple Potz' Nestle tub I reviewed earlier on in the week here
Unlike the 'Quality Street' version which was just chocolate ice cream, this Munchies tub is made up of both chocolate and caramel ice cream, which you can clearly identify in the image above.
The taste of the chocolate ice cream was identical to the Quality Street tub, and as said in the previous post tasted fantastic and would have been a great tasting ice cream on it's own. The caramel ice cream however, I found to be quite sickly and left a slightly bitter aftertaste that wasn't what I was expecting.
Apart from that, the Munchies pot tasted very good! The caramel sauce complimented the ice cream perfectly and the small shortcake biscuits gave it a wonderful crunch!....I would have liked more of these shortbread biscuits in the tub as I felt there wasn't enough because they tasted just too good!


Overall, I really liked this Nestle tub and think Nestle's idea in bringing these 'Potz' out is incredibly innovative and perfect for that sweet treat on a 'night in' or as a reward for little children. Personally, the caramel ice cream doesn't appeal to my taste but that doesn't mean it won't to everyone!
 I definitely recommend not only this product but the whole line of 'Ice cream Potz' that Nestle have recently brought out!

My next review will be the Nestle 'Smarties Potz' 

Would I buy this again? YES


3 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic offer! Morrisons are also doing the Toffee Crisp Potz for 50p but not the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea where I can get these potz now. Bought some a few months ago from Aldi, but now can't find in any of the supermarkets x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the Smarties, Aero and Munchies variety in Asda for £1 at the moment....and I also purchased 3 of these pots for £1 at Fultons the other week on offer? Hope that helps xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!