Monday 26 August 2013

Nestle 'Smarties Potz'

Hello!

As you guys may have noticed I'm currently working my way through the Nestle ice cream tub/potz flavours as they are currently on offer at 50p from ASDA (usual price 1.30).....so grab them while you can!

Today I shall be reviewing the 'Smarties Potz'.......



R&R Ice Cream have launched this innovative new idea primarily targeting the 'night in' market, by creating these Nestle ice cream tubs in a variety of flavours.
This 'Smarties' variety is described as; "Smooth vanilla ice cream fused with whole & crushed mini smarties" .....sounds delicious?

This 160ml Pot contains 188 Kcal.


First impressions on opening the tub.....I was pretty impressed! I wasn't expecting that many smarties! I thought they'd probably attempt to short me on the smarties but I was pleasantly surprised!
And even though you guys can't see it from the image above, throughout the ice cream there are small pieces and chunks of mini smarties which also taste great!
The ice cream I expected to have a smooth vanilla taste (as described on the pot) but unfortunately it tasted almost nothing like vanilla. However, the ice cream was extremely creamy so I wasn't too fussed about this....apart from the false advertising!!
You'd have thought R&R ice cream and Nestle could have forked out a bit more money for some actual vanilla tasting ice cream!



Overall, I liked the appearance of this tub and the abundance of smarties toppings! The ice cream was a slight let down....it tasted nice and creamy, but definitely a cheap version of vanilla ice cream...shame on you R&R! I think this is a great novelty product and for 50p you'll struggle to find something better! I definitely recommend it :)

Next time I'll be reviewing the Nestle 'Rolo' tubs.

Would I buy this again? YES




1 comment:

  1. Loving these reviews!

    Out of matter of interest, how did this Smarties version compare to a McFlurry?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!