Thursday 22 August 2013

Nestle Quality Street "My Purple Potz"



Today I'm reviewing a fantastic ice cream product I came across in ASDA yesterday, these seem to be new from Nestle and do come in a variety of flavours, but today I'll be reviewing the Quality Street 'My Purple Potz' version!


One of the main 'pulls' that attracted me and made me buy this product from ASDA was that these 'potz' are usually priced at £1.30 but are now on special offer at just 50p a tub!
As said above, these tubs from Nestle come in a variety of flavours including; Smarties, Munchies, Rolo, Areo and the above 'Quality Street' tub.....and i'm going to repeat myself by saying again that these ARE ALL 50P!! So get them whilst you can!

This Quality Street 'My Purple Potz' flavour is described as 'Chocolate flavoured ice cream with caramel sauce and chopped and chunky hazelnut pieces' This tub seems to be an ice cream version of 'The Purple One' sweet in the Quality Street Tins, theoretically the idea works and sounds good!....but how does it taste?....

This 160ml pot contains 188 Kcal 
....one word AMAZING.

These little tubs I find to be perfect! I hate opening big tubs of Ice cream and scooping some out then putting it away as I feel the ice creams texture begins to turn funny. Therefore, these little tubs are ideal for me!

First spoonful, I got the creamy taste of the chocolate ice cream (which would have been a fab tasting ice cream on it's own!) and then the crunchy addition of the Hazelnut chunks, followed by the smooth after taste of the caramel sauce....which you can see wisps of throughout the ice cream in the picture above. The other thing I like about these tubs is that they don't skimp on the Hazelnut toppings and caramel sauce which you do seem to find in some ice creams lately!

This pot had the perfect amount of ice cream to fill me up, not too much ice cream that it makes you feel sick....and not too little ice cream that it makes you want more. These tubs would be a great addition in anyone's freezer; for the little children whom you may want to control how much ice cream they eat (and saves you time scooping it out into bowels!) or for my fellow readers who want a sweet treat every now and again!



Overall, I think these 'Potz' are a great concept from Nestle and taste absolutely amazing! I look forward to trying the other flavours, and would definitely recommend these 'Potz' to anyone who likes Quality Streets....or just enjoys simple, good tasting ice cream!

Would I buy this again? 100% YES!






5 comments:

  1. What a great idea and a product I was completely unaware of!

    Thanks very much for the fab review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I shall be looking out for these! :) 50p is an absolute bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo this is right up my street, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole range is pretty good, I particularly love the Munchies but that may just be because I am a bit of a Munchies fiend haha! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got such a good information on this topic it’s a very interesting one. You made a good site and I have found a similar website
    ice cream truck" please check this one visit the site to know more about Gelato Cart Hire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!