Tuesday 27 August 2013

Nestle 'Rolo Potz'

Hi Guys & Gals!


Today I'm finishing off my reviews of the Nestle 'Ice cream Potz' range! These are currently on offer at 50p from ASDA which is a huge saving as they are usually priced at £1.30! So definitely a bargain if you ask me!

So to finish off I'll be reviewing the 'Rolo Potz'......


Aesthetically I love the design of these 'Potz'. I think the idea and the image of these tubs are incredibly innovative and stand out next to all the other ice cream tubs in the supermarket. Each tub contains 160ml of ice cream and has a variety of sauce and toppings relating to the variety of flavours.
I think 160ml is the perfect amount of ice cream for anyone! I can't count how many times I've scooped ice cream out of a big tub and ended up with too little and wanting more, or too much and feeling sick!

This 'Rolo' version of the Nestle tubs is described as; "Smooth vanilla ice cream fused with caramel sauce and chocolate pieces"

This 160ml Pot contains 198 Kcal.

First impressions when opening the tub....I was slightly disappointed with the so called 'chocolate pieces'. What you see in the image above is what you get. This did disappoint me as in the other 'potz', for example the Smarties Potz, which had smarties and crushed mini smarties dotted throughout the whole tub whereas this tub didn't.
 I also expected the chocolate pieces to be small thick pieces of chocolate like little chunks, but they are literally thin, circular pieces of chocolate. These chocolate pieces did fall flat of my expectations...and the type of chocolate used didn't taste or live up to the Nestle standard...maybe this is because it's frozen? I'm not sure but regardless I felt a little let down by you Nestle!

The so called 'vanilla' ice cream I have discussed in a previous post concerning the 'Smarties Potz' here. The ice cream tastes fine, nice and creamy but doesn't taste like vanilla as described on the Pot.....there's nothing wrong with the taste of the ice cream it just doesn't taste as described! The ice cream does have a McFlurry-esque taste and feel to it....but isn't soft scoop like a McFlurry....and a McFlurry does have more toppings and flavourings than this pot
Other than those few little niggles, this ice cream pot does taste very nice! The caramel sauce is my favourite part, mixed with the ice cream and a few chocolate pieces it tastes divine! The combination of flavours come together perfectly....so well done for that Nestle!


Overall, I think personally this is my least favourite of the Nestle Ice cream Potz.....the chocolate pieces and the misleading 'vanilla' ice cream does let it down....but the fusion of the chocolate pieces, caramel sauce and ice cream together does taste divine and really saves this ice cream!
There have been some other flavours in the Nestle Potz range but I have been unable to find these in my local supermarkets!
The current variety of Nestle Ice cream Potz include; Rolo Potz, Smarties Potz, Quality Street 'My Purple Potz', Munchies Potz, Aero Mint Potz, Aero Milk Chocolate Potz, Toffee Crisp Potz and Fab Potz.

So hopefully my local supermarkets decide to stock up soon....I really like the look of the Toffee Crisp and Fab flavoured potz!

Thanks for reading Guys, hope you enjoyed it!

Would I buy this again? Not my first choice of the Potz range....but yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!