Monday 12 August 2013

Galaxy Flutes


To start this post I'd like to apologise for the lack of reviews lately...that was due to me going on holiday to Egypt for 2 weeks which I've just returned from!
 However, I did find an amazing product in a little supermarket in Egypt that I thought would be amazing to review...(and taste!).

TA DA...........


Feast your eyes on these gorgeous beauties! (excuse the slightly battered packaging as I had to squeeze them into my case!)
After a little research (due to the fact I can't read the Arabic on the packaging) here's what Galaxy have to say about their flutes;

"Galaxy Flutes perfectly encapsulate the indulgence and pleasure which have become synonymous with the Galaxy brand and are a perfect treat for a luxurious snack for discerning chocolate lovers.

Consumers will love the benefit of a combination of textures with the mix of wafer and cream providing an ideal afternoon snacking moment."


Each 11.25g finger contains 56 Kcal


From research, I've found in the UK Galaxy flutes are brought in individual packs as shown in the picture above for 50p each, whereas in Egypt I was able to purchase a nicely shaped box which contained 5 packets for the price of about 10 egyptian pounds which equals to about £1.

The individual packets of Galaxy flutes contain two crispy wafer rolls, filled with a creamy Galaxy milk chocolate centre and covered in more Galaxy milk chocolate.

First impressions of these 'Galaxy flutes' was that they seemed almost identical to the 'Milky Way Crispy Rolls' that have been out for a little while now...

And taste wise, those first impressions did match. These Galaxy flutes tasted almost identical to the Milky Way Crispy Rolls, the only difference was the fact the Galaxy flutes had the Galaxy milk chocolate flavoured filling and coating which had a smoother and creamier taste than the Milky Way version



Overall, these 'flutes' did taste very good, the slight crunchiness of the wafer contrasting with the smooth creamy filling of the Galaxy chocolate made for an excellent tasting combination. I would also recommend refrigerating these Galaxy flutes and eating them straight from the fridge as I found the taste much more potent that way.
Furthermore,although labelled as the 'ideal afternoon snacking moment' these wafer rolls were extremely moreish and left me wanting way more than the indivual packets provided! A good or bad thing? You decide, but I would definitely recommend these Galaxy Flutes to everyone!

Would I buy them again? YES





2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to find these for 10p, if memory serves me right, in Home Bargains a couple of months ago - delicious! Will definitely have to try them refrigerated at some point.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some of these on way back from Morocco last week and haven't stopped hunting for where to order some from. Any ideas where I can get more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!